I wanted to write a quick article regarding some changes to the Facebook Ads program. As time goes by, they are increasingly becoming an easier way to dial in your target audience while not wasting any of your ad budget.
Archives for September 2010
Recently there has been all sorts of talk about the proper way to accomplish Search Engine Optimization (SEO). I wrote a blog article about it the other day.
- Everything on Facebook is an object – status updates, photos, links, video
- There are three factors that determine the “edge rank” your object is given which will determine the likelihood that it appears in your fans (or friends) “Top News” area.
- The first factor is the ‘affinity score’ between the user (your fan or friend) and creator (you). How much and how often does this person interact with you? Do they spend a lot of time on your fan page? What do they do while they’re there.
- The second factor is ‘weight’. Each type of object interaction is weighted. What type of interaction happened? a comment? a like? a tag? The more “interactive” the ..uh.. interaction, the more weight it has – so someone who actually types a comment is going to be interacting more than someone who clicks “like”.. this of course, gives more weight to the comment.
- The last factor is ‘time decay’ which is simply how much time has passed since your object was created.
Let me start with this disclaimer: I am not an expert on Search Engine Optimization. (Thank God!)